Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Phoenix News and Updates

Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:56 pm

After 8 years of great success I was planning on discontinuing the Phoenix nozzle to make way for the Argonaut......From the feedback I'm getting that decision is not setting too well with a lot of folks. :evil:
Luis's Phoenix first stage has made a tremendous impact on double hose divers around the globe and I guess there are some areas left that don't have them yet!
There are still a few left in the store and I have a few more with Dave getting chrome that will be along in the next week or so. If I sharpen the pencil I may be able to offer the Phoenix for a while longer and still keep up with the other R&D projects I have going on right now.
I'll place an order in the next two weeks and do my best to keep up with demand until we have the Argonaut available for sale.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Re: Phoenix News and Updates

Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:37 am

I just got the phoenix installed about six months ago. If you are discontinuing it Should I order a rebuild kit to have one on hand so it doesn't become as obsolete as any other discontinued reg so I have spare parts on hand. our local dive shops won't even touch anything with more than one hose that's not a rebreather. "old crap" they say. On a side note, whats the reason for discontinuing something with the cnc plans are already stored in the computer. I just don't want to be sitting on a reg that as out dated as the one I mailed you to have the phoenix installed. I love my double hose by the way.
Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:30 am

The Phoenix will never be obsolete (at least not in our life time or your grand kids). The internal are common and shared with a number of other regulators: Royal Aqua Master, Conshelf, Aqua Lung Titan, etc. etc.

The HP seat can be obtained from: VDH, any Aqua Lung dealer (willing to sell them), any Mares dealer, or any Trident dealer.

One of the primary design criteria’s was to only use parts that will be supported for a very long time. The only way parts will not be available is if Aqua Lung, Mares, and Trident go out of business.

The O-rings are standard O-rings and the seats are used by many regulators.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

joeym35a2
Lung Diver
First Name: joey

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:57 am

I'm not sure what the big deal is Chris somone correct me if I'm wrong but its a common first stage stuck into a machined block of metal stuck into a common old double hose ???

This web sight continues to sell and service stuff that has been "obsolete" for a long time with as many Phoenix nozzles that have been sold it would piss a lot of people off if they just said "sorry that's old crap can't touch it buy our new crap ." Like the lds we all know and love does.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:15 pm

luis wrote:The Phoenix will never be obsolete (at least not in our life time or your grand kids). The internal are common and shared with a number of other regulators: Royal Aqua Master, Conshelf, Aqua Lung Titan, etc. etc.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

al249v
First Name: Al

Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Reading somewhat between the lines, it sounds like Bryan is a bit like the rest of us, not having unlimited resources, and is thinking about discontinuing the Phoenix and using the resources previously expended upon the Phoenix to develop the Argonaut. My guess is that keeping the Phoenix alive and available for new purchases involves a bit more than "firing up the CNC", both as to money and as to time and energy. FWIW, the Phoenix is such a cool part and addresses DH diver's needs in such a different way than will the Argonaut (at least as I understand the Argonaut), that I would like to see the Phoenix continue to be available. If it is not, then it is clear that the ones that Bryan has been able to get out into the world will never become obsolete. Either way, VDH remains the center of the DH universe and Bryan remains the man.

luis
VDH Moderator

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:15 pm

Bryan wrote:After 8 years of great success I was planning on discontinuing the Phoenix nozzle ...
Maybe I am reading this a bit different than you guys are, but I can't speak for Bryan.
Luis

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Yep, looks like the Phoenix will be offered for awhile and that's a good thing. I've been diving the heck out of my 1st run Phoenix since I got it. As it takes stock Aqualung parts, when it finally needs some, It will be in service longer then I will. LOL. To those who are hesitant on pulling the trigger on a Phoenix. Your concerns about obsolescence are really unfounded. Parts for the Phoenix will be around for decades. The Phoenix is a really good buy!
Now we have the Cyclone and HPR too. But the Phoenix still gives you the ports so you can dive your dry suit in Swimjim land. I'm sure the Argonaut will be kick*ss and I will buy one when they come out. But the Phoenix will remain as one of my go to regs!

Jim

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed May 07, 2014 8:33 am

Phoenix first stages are here........Just waiting for the new yokes!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

luis
VDH Moderator

Wed May 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Those look great. I like the looks of the finish.

It is neet to see this years serial numbers. I still have a couple with the 05 serial number. :)

I just sold an 07 (as a complete regulator, round label) and I still have a 10 for sale (complete regulator).
Luis

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri May 16, 2014 8:00 am

What do you guys think of this combination? I'm thinking of offering this combination at a great price for all those who have a satin DA they want to upgrade..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Fri May 16, 2014 9:59 am

I think having a drop in solution to modernize a DAAM is an excellent idea. It adds a level of modularity to a regulator too. If you were on a budget, then you could keep the DAAM nozzle and yoke around for using the regulator as original too. If I still lived in an apartment, I would go for it in a second. Space is at a premium sometimes.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Fri May 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Looks sweet! It will make satin finish regs look oem with a Phoenix!

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon May 19, 2014 1:17 pm

In the store now.....Great lower price with FREE domestic shipping :D

luis
VDH Moderator

Mon May 19, 2014 7:44 pm

I like that yoke and knob. I like that the yoke is stamped with a 4000 psi rating.

I also like the feel of the knob. The ridges on the knob allows me to rotate it with one finger, kind of like a wing screw.

The knob has a GMC (Global Manufacturing Corp) label on the top. That label can be removed with a sharp tool (be very careful not to hurt yourself) and it can be replaced with one of this (or similar label):
http://vintagedoublehose.com/index.php? ... id=8459816

Luis

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”