Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Re: Phoenix HPR second stage

Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:42 am

I see my eagerness is evident in my posts... :D

Short of getting a single-stage diaphragm (which I eventually might), I've got a feeling my Mistral is in for a rude awakening:

Mistral: Hey, where'd my diaphragm go?
Me: Don't worry, here's another one...
Mistral: Gee, thanks! Hey... what are these tabs on my diaphragm for?

;)

Now for a totally inane question: If the Royal Aquamaster is the RAM, and the Phoenix Royal Aquamaster is PRAM, what's the Phoenix HPR Royal going to be? (PHRAM?) ;)

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:04 am

Herman wrote:Bryan, a question. I know it may be a little early for details but I was wondering, are the nozzles going to be sold as a kit - all necessary parts in one package- or is it going to be available as individual parts?
Just like with the Phoenix first stage. It will need to be sold as a complete kit. Otherwise, someone will try to re-use some old parts (like the spring, nylon lock nut, etc.) and then will complain if it is not working as expected.

I imagine that Bryan will eventually offer some replacement parts for those parts that could be subject to damage (like maybe the seat holder).

Under normal use, the only part that should need occasional replacement is the soft seat. And the seat is a standard round disc found in many regulators. Bryan sells them.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:07 am

Drado wrote:I see my eagerness is evident in my posts...

Now for a totally inane question: If the Royal Aquamaster is the RAM, and the Phoenix Royal Aquamaster is PRAM, what's the Phoenix HPR Royal going to be? (PHRAM?) ;)
The New "Phoenix HPR Royal" labels should be available about the same time as the unit. Royal Red or Black for rectangular Cans or late round label regulators

Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:33 am

Nice Allan....bleep it, I am not too sure I can put off getting a reg rechromed and Totally decked out any longer. :)
Herman

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:15 am

Herman wrote:Bryan, a question. I know it may be a little early for details but I was wondering, are the nozzles going to be sold as a kit - all necessary parts in one package- or is it going to be available as individual parts?
It's going to come as a complete kit ready to assemble. We are going to use the blue silicone seat since there is no historical reason to use the rubber seat but either will work. The shoulder style washers will be included as well for those who want to experiment with super tuning the venturi.

Out the door price $50.00.... :D

US Divers only offered the single stage diaphragm with smooth center for the first couple of years. After that they simply smashed the tabs flat on the two stage diaphragms.
When you buy the new HPR 2nd stage you can alos purchase a single stage diaphragm at a $5.00 discount.... :D
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

captain
Plank Owner

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:47 am

Looks like a winner. Trying to align diaphragm tabs and horseshoe was always a pain.
Captain

bbain
Vintage Diver

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:56 am

I will confess to a bit of confusion on this one. Am I correct in understanding that the Phoenix HPR is a replacement for the second stage of an existing PRAM? If so, I was just getting ready to ship off my PRAM to Bryan for a check-up in anticipation of the next Bonaire trip in July, but I think I will wait a bit so this modification can be made then too.

time2dive
Vintage Diver

Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Will this also work in a RAM if I want to improve its performance?
Cranky old man, diver, photographer, scarer of children
http://www.kona-hydrostatic-testing.com/

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Luis is on the ski slopes today, but I am sure he will reply this evening. I am also sure that he won't mind if I said, "yes it will, as well as improve performance on DA Aqua-Masters too."
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:38 pm

$50.00 out the door? Wow, that's crazy cool! Can't wait for these to come out. I agree with Allan. As the second stage is the same animal on the PRAM, RAM, DAAM and their Voit eqivelents, it should work on all. I'll be in for a couple of these!

Jim

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:53 pm

time2dive wrote:Will this also work in a RAM if I want to improve its performance?
It will improve the perfomance of any DA Aqua Master, Royal Aqua Master, Voit Navy or Phoenix.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Greg Barlow
VDH Moderator
First Name: Greg

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:51 pm

$50?!?! Anybody want to buy the original design 2nd stage guts that are currently in my Phoenix Voit Navy?

This may be the most innovative product to ever roll out of the VDH Brain Trust.

Greg
Greg Barlow
PADI Assistant Instructor
TDI Adv. EAN
TDI Decompression Procedures
IANTD Full Cave
NSS/CDS Full Cave

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:25 pm

You guys know that I am pretty traditional when it comes to setting up my regs, but this is simply amazing. VDH is one step away from having its own double hose if it gets an improved reg body. 8)
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:25 pm

slonda828 wrote: VDH is one step away from having its own double hose if it gets an improved reg body. 8)
I'm closer than you think :wink: And this 2nd stage will be a integral part of it!

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:28 pm

All I can say is - WOW! I have only one question though; are you sure this is for an Phoenix HPR Royal?? When I look at this new second stage I see a brand new project written all over it. Looks like I'll be building a new "Voit Navy Royale"; Heros-Pennington Process! :lol: Great product; I can't wait till they're available! :D 8) Terry
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”