Master Diver
First Name: Kim

Re: 1st dive with Phoenix, 1st dive with DH & 1st Post

Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 pm

George,

Summer down here in OZ has been a bit of a non event. It's the coldest summer in 50 yrs, but as I type this reply the Sun is out. :(

I'm fortunate in that I'm a Bachelor so I don'e have to hide or justify what I do. I got here (DH Diving) because of a dive mask and currently own several DH regs. They include 2 x PRAMs, 2 x RAMs & 1 x DAAM which are still in the boxes they came in (new never used), & 2 x used DAAMs, and 1 x Voit Polaris. :D

As for single hose regs I have used my USD Conshelf since 1976 and only stopped using it to take up DH diving. I like the term "MY GO TO REG" (MYTR). My PRAM will be MYTR and the others I plan to use as "VINTAGE DIVING". I also have some old 72 tanks, twin USD's 50s Alli tanks and a series of manifolds, FENZYs, masks, knives, snorkels, etc :)

In addition I have a Nikinos V and Rolliemarin MK IV with a medium format Rollieflex camera which I intend to use for under water B&W photography. 8)

I have traveled and dived throughout the South Pacific and now I'll just have to back to all of the places I have dived and do it all over again with a DH. :wink:

ED I hear you "Pictures..Pictures..Pictures" I'll post pictures in the near future :)
Kim,
Ocean Trekker, Dangerous When Wet.
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" Douglas Barder.

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Welcome to the board Kim. In addition to your great sounding grear I must say I'm a bit jealous of Australia's proximity to the South Pacific. I have a friend you worked for a spell on Kwajalien Atoll and I make him tell me stories every time we sit down for a pint.

My Pheonix has also become my go to reg. For me, as a drysuit diver who doesn't use a BC, the Pheonix has a perfect hose orientation. No matter how you turn it, there is always one lp and one hp hose pointing downward so I can straddle the tank with the hoses and keep everything super snug and streamlined. I never thought it would happen, but I sold my Conshelf XX and put my 20 y.o. cylcon on the shelf.

Enjoy those warm waters.

And, yes, please post more pictures.
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

Master Diver
First Name: Kim

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:28 pm

sitkadiver,

I'm aware of Australia's proximity to the South Pacific as I have over the years dived a fair bit of it. The best place for wrecks is Truk and the best diving I have had is in Papua New Guinea just north of Madang on two islands called Kar Kar Is and Bagabag Is.

Now that I have my PRAM I have the urge to go back and dive all of the places I have dived with my DH :D

The weather is getting hotter and summer is finally here. 8)

Regards
Kim,
Ocean Trekker, Dangerous When Wet.
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" Douglas Barder.

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”