Robohips77
Master Diver

Re: 2010 Phoenix Update

Sat May 15, 2010 11:08 am

55ft....Could that have been the Caroline Rose or maybe the lighthouse? Unfortunately Toby is out for me this year. I have only missed three years in the last 28 coming up.
Ahhh the season is upon us.
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

jbrians
Lung Diver

Mon May 17, 2010 9:41 am

Robohips77 wrote:55ft....Could that have been the Caroline Rose or maybe the lighthouse? Unfortunately Toby is out for me this year. I have only missed three years in the last 28 coming up.
Ahhh the season is upon us.

Lighthouse and Alice G. If you do make it up, let's meet up there for some cold water!
pictures on my FB.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... ef=profile

Robohips77
Master Diver

Mon May 17, 2010 10:35 am

If I make it, it would be late July or early August. email me at [email protected] and I will contact you there. Alice G and the Lighthouse. Good Times. Crisp clean Canadien air and cold fresh water wreck dives. Nothing like it.
:mrgreen:
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

jbrians
Lung Diver

Mon May 17, 2010 11:00 am

Robohips77 wrote:If I make it, it would be late July or early August. email me at [email protected] and I will contact you there. Alice G and the Lighthouse. Good Times. Crisp clean Canadien air and cold fresh water wreck dives. Nothing like it.
:mrgreen:
And just to stay on topic, bring your PRAM!
It'll look great in the 100 ft viz conditions and never free flow in the 42F water temps in mid summer!

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Yesterday I was informed that Phoenix nozzles should be here somewhere around June 30th. I have my fingers crossed that all goes well and that after a final inspection they will be available for sale before July 4th. Updates will all be posted here. Thank you
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

5thgrpben

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:06 am

That sounds great! I can use a couple.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:14 am

Phoenix nozzles are slated to arrive next Friday July 30th...............After I have had the opportunity to give them the once over I will have them in the store for sale as soon as Saturday.....This is my plan as of now and is subject to change. Just trying to keep everyone posted as I know many of you are anxious for their arrival.

Luis has discussed with his council and it is now ok to send a signed FAX copy of the waiver.....In the download section of the site you can find the Phoenix Waiver and can fax it back to me at 813-217-8126 if you want to be ahead of the game. This is just the necessary waiver and does not constitute any reserve or guarantee a Phoenix nozzle I'm just trying to speed up the process.

Couple of other notes:

1. I do not have time to prepare anymore regulators and guarantee them for delivery before the Portage Quarry event next month. My normal job takes me out of town for a week and I just won't have the time.
2. After you purchase a Phoenix nozzle and if you choose to have me install it you will need to send 6, 3/8" port plugs with your regulator or I cannot do the install.....I have begged borrowed and stolen all the spare plugs from all the shops I know and I DO NOT have enough to do any regulators PERIOD....So send them with your regulator or I'll have to let it set on the bench until you do. I'm sure your local LDS will be happy to sell them to you or you can buy all of them you like on line and various websites.

Thank you
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

crimediver
Master Diver

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:42 pm

I took mine a couple of days ago on a dive on the Potomac River when it started getting rough enough to surf it and we began taking serious water over the gunnels of our boat faster than we could bail it out. I knew we would founder soon so the PRAM and I conspired to leap overboard to add a few more precious inches of freeboard so that others might live. Our plan was to swim for the distant shoreline.

Despite our sacrifice the boat did get swamped. I am happy to say that my only damage was one missing one flip-flop.

In homage to the disaster a song was commisioned. It goes something like this:

Gilligans Isle (Or How Blackwater Training became A Wreck Dive)

Just sit right down and you'll hear a tale
A tale of a diving trip
That started in Westmoreland
Aboard this tiny ship

The mate was a mighty sailing man
The skipper was a goof
Five agents set sail that day
To find a large shark tooth
To find a large shark tooth

The weather started getting rough
The tiny ship was tossed
They bailed with a cooler but they lost the race
And half their gear got lost
And half their gear got lost

The boat sunk underneath them all
And their hearts were full of fear
They cussed and said "Just #*&! it!
"And let's go drink some beer."
"And let's go drink some beer."

The tiny ship washed upon the shore
Of this uncharted desert isle
With ***** and *****
And ***** and ******
And ***** and no one else
Here on Gilligan's Isle

* Names redacted to save them from severe public embarrasment...

5thgrpben

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:19 am

wilbkr1 wrote:Thank you Bryan for your help. I look forward to the next production run. Seems I have a DH virus. Herman says there is no cure. :D

Sorry ,But your S.O.L. on finding a cure :D .The monkey on my back is a full grown silver back gorilla.I kind of grown fond of the S.O.B. :lol:

OregonDiver1
Lung Diver
First Name: Anthony

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:04 am

OOOOOHHHHHH when will units be listed in the store. I can't wait :D :D :D :D :D :D :D .

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:06 am

So solly everyone.....Just a matter of logistics. I'm working away from home and trying to get caught up by E-mail. Just taking me longer to get back to Tampa than I thought. There will be plenty to go around this time so give me a few more days and check back. Thank you

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Phoenix nozzles are available in the store and ready for immediate delivery (waiver required) Thank you

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”