This was my first Phoenix that I got in 2010. A year or so ago I bought the overhaul kit and replaced all the seals and o-rings. The reg worked beautifully for many dives until about a week ago when I suddenly started getting a HP air leak. I narrowed it down to a one-sided high-flow stream of air escaping from the area of the first stage to body connection. The Phenolic gasket looks to be in great shape and the 1st state and body were tight and secure. No air was escaping from the 2nd stage (HPR). The Hookah port was tight and secure. The port plugs are all fine. I backed out the hex-nut all the way so it should just be locking up when I turn on the air, but the leak did not stop. I also checked my tank o-ring and the problem repeated no matter what tank I put the reg on.
All I can figure is that something is causing the HP seat pin to be depressed (although there are no visible culprits) or there is something wonky in the 1st stage. I haven’t taken the first stage apart yet. Just wanted to get some input from the experts as to what I should be looking for.
Hopefully it will be something dumb that my brain could not fathom.