sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Books about or written by Sam Lecocq

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:45 pm

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I have been scouring the web looking for any information on Sportsways, Waterlung and most of all, Sam Lecocq. I would be very interested in reading his biography, if it exists.

For the record I have read most of the articles on the Legends website, but when I try to pull-up the articles written by Mr. and Mrs. Lecocq I keep getting an error message stating the page could not be found. Sam Lecocq most recent article is dated 2008 and is about Nick Icorn. Good article too.... Not sure why the other articles would have been pulled though.

** Edit, found a different Legends of Diving link that's working.... HMMMM.

I've googled and checked Alibris - No luck.

Any info would be appreciated.
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

kgehring
Master Diver

Re: Books about or written by Sam Lecocq

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:44 pm

He was writing a book and pre-sold many copies and never came out with the book. He screwed lots of people. He is in Mexico where you can't get to him to press legal actions. He won't sign for mail at his US P O box either. Research thief and you will find him.
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

sitkadiver
Master Diver

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:33 pm

WOW!! I had no idea. I'm about as shocked as can be. Thanks for that. Unfortunately it makes me less of a fan of his gear now.
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:21 pm

SAM & DEBBIE LE COCQ;
I am shocked - speachless-
That their reputation has not spread to the frozen north..
sdm
more to come -- later

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Sitkadiver, and others
FYI;

Sent: Aug 26, 2012 4:17 PM
To: Sam Miller
Subject: Re: Sam Le Cocq

Dear Dr. Sam Miller,
my name is Alfonso Gangemi. I’m writing from Italy and I deal with recovering the historical memory about the diving industry and the people who made this sport. I read some article you wrote about Samuel G. Lecocq. Even knowing this great inventor, I have been fascinating by his history.

The reason why I’m writing you is that I’d like to ask you, if you can send me the suitable material to write an article about Mr. Lecocq, possibly even some photos, in order to let people known this great man, who did so much for diving.

Finally, I know that Mr. Sam Lecocq’s biography was written: I’d like to ask you, if it’s possible to find and buy a copy (perfect if autographed by the same author), to be able to put it in our “library” and make it available to the many Milan - Lodi ‘s diving supporters. It’s, obviously, implied that this request is meant paying as due.

I’m so grateful for the attention you will grant me. As a copy of the articol I’m going to write will be ready, I’ll immediately send you a copy, before than it will be published. I’d be happy to know that Mr Lecocq will receive a copy of it, so before than its first publication, it’s possible to apply eventual suggested changing.

Yours faithfully,

Alfonso Gangemi
```````````````````````````````````````````
Response.......

To:Alfonso Gangemi

Mr.Gangami,

There is nothing I can say positive about Mr Sam Lecocq or his wife Debbie, other than Mr Lecocq and I share the same first names.

I am restricted by on going police investigation at two levels of enforcement for "premeditated grand thief home invasion robbery" allegedly performed by Mr. & Mrs Lecocq while visiting Mrs. Miller and my home as house guest.

It is reported that he is also wanted in other states in the USA and possibly Canada for similar crimes but cannot be verified at this time . He and his wife are currently living in Mexico as resident aliens which protects them under Mexican law, therefore are immune to extradition from Mexico and persecution in the United States.

It is reported that as a result of his long term lack of acceptable life style and pejoritive effect upon American and to a lessor extent international recreational diving communities, the world's Historical Diving Societies will not print his name and/or acknowledge his self proclaimed accomplishments.

Mr Le Cocq was educated to follow his father as a man of the cloth, but his accepted life style was a path to perdidion. He was never educated or trained as an engineer, rather he relied on the skills and talents of others to capitalized on their abilites to claimed credit when others were more deserving. Currently there is a joint effort to idenify and acknowledge the true developers of so many products Mr Le cocq has claimed credit for so many years.

In the US and perhaps most of the world's knowledgeable diving communities he is generally referred to as "Le Crook" or simply "The Crook." It was a title he aquired and has pepetrated by his deviouis actions since he was involved with a company called Healthways and latter Sportsways

(s)Sam Miller
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Any one wish to add comments and send to Mr Gamami?
Will attempt to obtain his e mail address..
SDM

sitkadiver
Master Diver

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:46 pm

I send you my condolences Dr. Miller.

It surprises me, after having read your article from 2005 on the Legends of Diving site, that Mr. Le Cocq would be so foolish as to pilfer from such a supporter. He is a fool indeed!

Thank You for keeping me informed.

Return to “Bibliophile Forum”