8dust
Master Diver

A collection of Vintage Diving images

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:58 am

This may not be the exact right sub-forum for this thread to live, but it seems pretty close.

I had suggested previously that I thought it would be great to begin to assemble a repository of open-source and/or donated (please note that I did NOT say “scanned out of your favorite 10-20 year old book” or “right-clicked and saved off the web”) photos with the broad category of Vintage Diving as their theme. :D

Could be a shot of Mr. Falco standing on the deck patching his wetsuit, could be a vintage shot of some cool vintage gear, could even be a digital capture from an episode where big Mike gets attacked by a giant chain-smoking octopus... What it cannot be, is a shot of you and your PRAM HPR and your Voit fins at the local quarry. By all means, take a photo of you and your buds, but don’t put it in this thread, unless you took it 40-ish years ago. We’ve got a great thread or two going for those modern photos already. You don’t really even have to say or know anything about your contribution, just plunk it in here. Identify it if you can, but at least identify where the image is from, and please don’t just steal stuff off other sites. We don’t want a bunch more of that copyright flap-diddle in the air... as it’s just a distraction and expensive annoyance, founded or not. If you want a refresher on what counts as “open-source” material, Google to your heart’s content. It’s really a pretty simple concept. :roll:

Let’s build a legitimate resource to add to this already fine archive of knowledge that is Vintage Double Hose, for the benefit and enjoyment of our own group, and the benefit and enjoyment of those yet to find their way here. You international members out there, YOU TOO!!! You might even get a bonus point! :wink: :mrgreen:

Here’s one from Admiral Bernie to get the ball rolling:

This is United States Navy UDT Class 27 in Key West, FL. He took the photo in 1962 at the Under Water Swimmer School. Notice the diver riding the orca behind the group. I can't help but believe that this statue saw its share of extra riders each graduation day!
:o :lol:

Freddo
NAVED member #201

Return to “Bibliophile Forum”