Re: The Treasure Divers of Vigo Bay

Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:19 am

[quote="DaleC"]Excellent replies and links. I think I will try to contact JM. I have 5 books by him now:
Underwater Man, HC
The Breadelbane Adventure, HC
The Land That Devours Ships, PB, signed (same as the Breadelbane Adventure).
Breathing Underwater, HC
Fitzgeralds Storm, PB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also have those books and all are inscribed by Joe.

I believe his address is still unlisted, I had his address at one time, and I am certain I still do but just can't locate it. When I do I will PM you and you can give him an unannounced telephone call--Joe like all of that era always have time or will make time for a little diving conversation

SDM

DaleC
Master Diver
First Name: Dale

Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Sam, I would really appreciate that.
NAVED #203
#20 International Brotherhood for the Assistance of Stateless Persons

DaleC
Master Diver
First Name: Dale

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:11 am

Well, small world that it is...

while looking through "Breathing Underwater" I find our own Popeye mentioned in chapter eight. This section discusses JM's (and Bernies) involvement in Sealab I. I did not twig to the name before but now I will have some fun looking through the index of some of my other books for Bernies name.

I find the index of books to be a very useful item in this regard as well as the authors reference or further reading list. I make it a point to aquaint myself with other books or authors I haven't heard of before.

In another thread I was commenting that one of my more interesting experiences with vintage diving books is how people or events are introduced to my consciousness and then it seems I run into them more and more frequently through a whole spider web of avenues. I've had this experience with Joe MacInnis, Phil Nyutten, Fred Rogers, Sylvia Earle, Ed Link, Robert Stenuit, Robert Marxs, William Beebe, Hans Hass and now I suspect Bernie Campoli. JYC of course, I already had a (somewhat) knowledge of.

Also, I believe the name of that Canadian UW station was Sublimnos.
NAVED #203
#20 International Brotherhood for the Assistance of Stateless Persons

Return to “Bibliophile Forum”