Helmets Of the deep--Volume #2 -

Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Helmets of the Deep --Volume #2

I am in almost daily certainly weekly contact with Leon Lyons, generally on historic SCUBA items --However, I have 2 hats plus 2 swimmer hats and 2 S/S F/F masks, all are very common. I have little or no knowledge of the rare items listed in his first book and certainly will know even less abut those in his second book...but that is why books are written, printed, sold and collected- to educate the uneducated masses.

Per Leon Lyons;

"The first book I think has some 259 hats pictured in it, and I think some 2, 3, 4 hundred more maybe, will be added to that amount. Have not yet had the time to add it all up yet. You figure that when I did my first book, I had 160 or so hats in my collection. Today that amount is around 316. Then we add the hats I do not have, that are in other collector's collections, and that numbered amount keeps growing. Of course, some of the hats will be variations, or the same, but with important military, or commercial markings on them to be different from the other, in my opinion.

I wish I could give to you a finalized date, but no can do, for not knowing what could pop up."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Therefore;
Vol #1=259 Hats .....Vol #2=200, 300 possibly 400 Hats will be added ( as many as 659!)

Leon's personal collection:
Vol # 1=160 hats in collection.... Vol #2= 316 hats

Therefore ya put down yer hard earned dollars as a deposit, save yer hard earned dollars, wait yer turn and some day in the future Leon will present the world another master piece.and ya pay yer hard earned dollars for Volume # 2...

.It won't be inexpensive but to the serious collector worth every dollar it costs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To view pictures of his collection it is suggested that you visit http://www.portagequarry.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; "Legends of Diving"
YOU will be IMPRESSED!

Return to “Bibliophile Forum”