crimediver
Master Diver

Beneath The Seven Seas by Cornei Lumiere

Sun May 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Just got a vintage diving book today at a Goodwill store for a $1.95. Have not had time to read it yet but have browsed through it pretty good. It was published 1956. The author was an avid spearfisherman and explorer. He describes the Aqualung reg and gives advice on equipment and methods for diving. He describes diving Port Royal and other destinations. Lots of pictures of double hose regs and other vintage gear. A lot of his pics show him diving with a big mask with the huge built in norkel. The author was a POW in WW2 of the Japanese and mentions some of his experiences in it but mostly entars on diving.. It looks like a pretty good reference book. It has a decent dust cover with a picture of a young boy using a doublehoser and oval mask. Many of his pics have divers with no fins spearfishing.

I have Googled this book and author with no results. Has anybody heard of him?

The copy I got is autographed by the author inside the cover. Not a bad investment for a buck ninety-five.

VINTAGESCUBA

Mon May 19, 2008 8:56 pm

:mrgreen: : Yes,I have that book.I belive he was a friend of Cousteau's.He was from France also.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Mon May 19, 2008 10:49 pm

That does sound like a great book! I've got it on the list if I can find a copy.

Jim

VINTAGESCUBA

Tue May 20, 2008 8:46 pm

VINTAGESCUBA wrote::mrgreen: : Yes,I have that book.I believe he was a friend of Cousteau's.He was from France also.

VINTAGESCUBA

Tue May 20, 2008 8:52 pm

There are a few copies on ABE books.One witha dust jacket for $9.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Tue May 20, 2008 9:34 pm

Thanks for the tip Vintage Scuba! I snagged a copy for myself.

Jim

Return to “Bibliophile Forum”