Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Equipment Specification book question

Fri May 04, 2007 6:20 pm

William

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:18 pm Post subject: Book On The Vintage Diving Equipment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to ask: Is there Any Book that has a great amount of information on the Detailed, Specific Information, like the Factory Specifics, on the 1950s through 1960s Vintage Diving Equipment or at least, a Part of any book that lists and gives a good bit of that kind of information? It seems that only a little information can be gotten from Old Dive Catalogs. I think that the only other place for such information might be found in Skin Diver Magazines. But those 1950s through 1960s Magazines are Extremely expensive now. Also, If I remember correctly, Doctor Sam was actually working on his Own book too and I wish to ask, if that is correct, Will it have a section covering the Equipment like this? Thank you. William
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

William

Books that may be Much More Helpfull.

Tue May 08, 2007 2:30 pm

Well. I know that if I read everything written in every vintage dive book and could remember every word, then, I would never have to ask such a "Commoner's Question", ha, ha, ha. I am after more Catalogs, Brochures and Skin Diver Magazines now to get the Information I need, because there just is no help here it looks like.

ovalis
Master Diver

Tue May 08, 2007 4:59 pm

William,

I don't think you're going to find a book that's going to cover everything under the sun. Basic Scuba is probably the closest you'll get to that.

There is plenty of help here, but I think you need to start asking specific questions to get the answers you want. I have a feeling you have a whole ton of questions and want to find one source to answer them. That'll be tough my friend. I wish there was a source. It took me 20 years to collect all the catalogs & skin divers to find the answers I was looking for. With these forums & ebay, it's made that job much easier.

So just start asking questions, and sometimes you'll get your answer & sometimes not. This is the perfect place for it. I wish these sites were around 15-20 years ago. But, I must admit that back then I did have the privlege to really pick Dr. Miller's brain. Everytime I would see him, I had a whole arsenal of questions. Fortunately he had as much enjoyment talking about it as I did listenting.

Sam, thanks again for all your wonderful information. I appreciate it.

Mike

Return to “Bibliophile Forum”