Mistral nipple?

Members only. Post Unique or Unusual items only.

Moderator: 1969ivan1

Forum rules
Do not post common items...If your 1st post as a new member is an E-bay link your post and your membership will be deleted....
If you have items to sell please offer them to the members of the forum in the regular buy sell trade section before going to E-bay. Thank you
ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Mistral nipple?

Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:21 am

I had not seen a Mistral with a mystery nipple before. Can anyone shed light on this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371920613147

Bryan
Plank Owner

Re: Mistral nipple?

Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:35 am

I'd guess its to attach a hose to a camera housing.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

antique diver
Master Diver

Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:07 am

Bryan wrote:I'd guess its to attach a hose to a camera housing.

That would work. Also could have been someones attempt to attach a hookah hose, but from the small size it may be more likely an ambient air source for a housing.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:10 am

antique diver wrote:
Bryan wrote:I'd guess its to attach a hose to a camera housing.

That would work. Also could have been someones attempt to attach a hookah hose.

How would a hookah work going directly into the can? Wouldn't it have to be constant flow to work that way?

Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

antique diver
Master Diver

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Yes, it would be a constant flow, but with a fairly comfortable mouthpiece and the exhaust still behind. If the compressor flow was not excessive one could sip air as needed, and just let the excess flow out the back of the can. I still think it was probably what you first suggested though.

The "Hookah" that I made when 11 or 12 was a constant flow and worked fine for me. Sorta. The compressor was a little small and didn't really deliver enough air past 15'. Of course I would have been happy as a clam just breathing off the end of a green plastic garden hose. Well, that's what it was... but with a plastic pipe tee at the end, plus a snorkel mouthpiece and a cut off balloon for exhaust valve.

swimjim
Master Diver

Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:10 pm

The "Hookah" that I made when 11 or 12 was a constant flow and worked fine for me. Sorta. The compressor was a little small and didn't really deliver enough air past 15'. Of course I would have been happy as a clam just breathing off the end of a green plastic garden hose. Well, that's what it was... but with a plastic pipe tee at the end, plus a snorkel mouthpiece and a cut off balloon for exhaust valve.

I think that is probably how a lot of us started. Mine fed into a DESCO triangle mask, but the results were the same. Lol. Good times!

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:07 am

That is for a Scuba queen ear protector,same exact fittings i used mine on my mask.
Jl

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:53 am

SeaHuntJerry wrote:That is for a Scuba queen ear protector,same exact fittings i used mine on my mask.
Jl

The Kemps Cow for the win....Thanks Jerry!

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:46 am

SeaHuntJerry wrote:That is for a Scuba queen ear protector,same exact fittings i used mine on my mask.
Jl

I should have asked Jerry from the start. :D

Return to E-bay and outside sales sites