PlatSil® Part H Hardener with Platsil Gel 25 A and B in a 1-1-1 ratio which gives a shore hardness of about 40. Platsil#10 is way too soft for the HW exhaust diaphragm. Markantique diver wrote: ↑Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:26 pmGreat job! I'm glad you kept after it instead of giving up.
I ran into problems with the one I made, and seems to be at least in part due to the #10 hardness of the silicone mix I used. It is way too soft to hold its position. Looks like I will need to find a way to thicken it or order some heavier stock.
What did you use to modify the hardness? I don't know much about this stuff since I didn't purchase it. It is some left-over from Jerry M's stash, and surprisingly cures properly. It's just too soft for this application, and it turned out way too soft for the Trieste diaphragm I was attempting.
I used the above-listed formula but ultimately used it to impregnate nylon for a more solid product. I did one exhaust diaphragm for me that works fine but it is too much of a PITA to make more (plus I'm not 100% confident the clamp won't crush the silicone over time). Much greater strides have been made by James who came up with a 3D-printed cap that goes over rubber sheeting and clamps down. I've put my project on the back burner for now. Mark
Waxed cord and line is underrated stuff that I find many uses for, including as above. Properly wrapped and tied it seems to last and hold forever. I used thin flat waxed line of unknown material to whip the ends of my 3/8" twisted nylon anchor line some 50 years ago, and it's still holding up well.Bryan wrote: ↑Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:42 amIn the past when I've put duckbills in Trademark era regulators I used waxed nylon lacing cord. I used a tensioning knot and the wax lets the knot slide easily and gets really tight. I've never tried it in a Healthways regulator but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests