Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

VDH WILL BE CLOSED

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:47 pm

While I shuffle everything around in preparation for a visit from Irma. By doing so I hope to ward it off and hopefully it will come to nothing!

I'll update here, Facebook, Twitter etc.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Re: VDH WILL BE CLOSED

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:01 pm

Good luck.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:45 pm

Good luck Bryan! Be safe!

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:38 pm

We're hoping it goes away!
The older I get the better I was.

couv
Master Diver

Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:04 am

Good luck.
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Be safe!
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

TeamDoug2015
Vintage Diver
First Name: Doug

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:27 am

Best wishes for an uneventful week.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:26 am

NOW THIS I DID NOT PLAN FOR.....

Hurricane Contains Sharks
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:59 am

God Bless You All,

My wife and my house on North Padre Island in Corpus Christi were very, very lucky. The CAT 4 shitbird known as "Harvey" went 15 miles north of the city and we only got some wind damage and some flooding in the back sunroom due to rain overload. That said, Rockport and other small towns are catastrophic and lets not mention Houston or Galveston! My wife rightfully evac'd to my Aunt's house over in Kerrville 200 miles to the WNW two days before landfall and waited out the imbroglio until power was restored to the island. Good neighbors who got back earlier reported all was well with the exception of a flipped and cracked boat trailer and some fence damage. Winds on the island had reached a sustained rate of 115 mph, with gusts up to 155. My builder, Sean Seaquist told me when I bought the place that it was designed to withstand 160 mph winds. I guess he was right. Be careful and even though you are on the west coast of FL, , don't take any chances with this bitch "Irma"! The upper panhandle or southern Alabama or Georgia sounds nice. Maybe an unplanned trip to the quarries in Ohio would be good. Stay safe and God Bless!

Russ
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:14 pm

Bryan wrote:NOW THIS I DID NOT PLAN FOR.....

Hurricane Contains Sharks
I hate it when that happens.

Happens all the time with tornados. Just a matter of time before it happens in a hurricane. Fortunately, there is a US Government commissioned manual on the subject. And you thought your tax dollars were being wasted on frivolous programs. :D
SN1a.jpg
SN3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:08 am

UPDATE.....Thinks are looking a little better for us here and I appreciate all the kind words. As soon as the storm passes I'll get the store back open for orders and process them as quickly as possible. As you can imagine I have everything that was outside on the inside and all my hurricane supplies were moved from storage to my work space.....Thanks for your patience and support and please keep thinking good thoughts for all our friends in South Florida and The Keys as it's going to get really bad really quick.

Lots of you asked for more service tools and supplies and I have them in route to me but shipment is delayed till Thursday. I have some other items that were delayed as well so once the store is open check back on the inventory as it will change quickly.
Decision on Hollywood Argonaut Krakens is due next Wednesday so hopefully I'll have some to sell for those that have been waiting.

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:55 am

Best wishes to you Bryan, Eva, Jillian and all of our other VDH friends. May God watch over all of you and keep you safe from this storm.
Terry and Roxann Stevens
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

SnarkIII
Lung Diver
First Name: Skip

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Be safe!

USdiver
Master Diver

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Stay safe, we are praying for Florida.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:00 pm

Things took a turn for the worse late last night and now Irma looks like it will pass almost directly over us here in Wesley Chapel. We are bunker ed down the best we can be and will be riding it out here. Keep thinking positive thoughts for all of us here in Florida.

Return to “General Discussions”