couv
Master Diver

Your new eBay item.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:51 am

"O-ring in the correct durometer manufactured in the USA from BUNA N rubber and washed in the tears of kittens for the ultimate in purity.

Can you tell I'm sick of answering idiotic questions about O-rings?"

Were the kittens Japanese Bob Tails? :twisted:
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Your new eBay item.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:52 am

E-bait is just no fun these days......When I joined in 98 it was a really fun place where you could buy ammo for your belt fed and a nearly new Malibu Barbie with just a few mouse clicks and a money order. Well after you waited a while for the 56K modem to finally connect.....

Now all the buyers seem to be Rocket Scientists, or at least design Engineers for the NASA program, Cousteau's diving instructor or members of an elite team of quality control experts..........

Here are some examples of questions I have received and the answers I have supplied the experts with.

Q... Dude, where did you get these from?
A...Sasquatch left them behind.

Q.....I will need to know the specifics of the manufacturing, handling and environment the O-rings you are selling have been kept in as my life depends on it.
A....Please take up golf.

Q....I will buy these from you but if they are bad you will refund my money or I'll report you to the necessary agencies for selling scuba gear without the proper credentials.
A....I have the proper credentials but I can't show them to you cause of national security. You understand of course.

Q.....I see that you have parts for a Scubapro 109 do you know how old those parts are and are you sure the O-rings will fit my 109 from 1070?
A....You should contact Scubapro as you have by far the oldest regulator ever built and is most likely worth millions of dollars.

Q....Are the O-rings you are selling NITRIX ready? I need to know this cause my life is depending on it.
A...I'm not sure what NITRIX is but I doubt my O-rings are up to the task...Please consult with your local dive shop.
Reply.....Its a special gas we hi tech divers use for deep diving. I think you should know about it because selling the wrong O-rings is dangerous and could explode.
My answer....I'll just sell really long snorkels instead so everyone is safe.

Each time I get a STUPID message on E-bay from one of the moronic mouth breather types above I just put them on the banned buyer list.....Sadly I don't seem to be able to do this fast enough...

For a small business like mine E-bay...(.I think the E now stands for Extortion if you check the final sellers fees, paypal fees, listing fees etc etc ) is necessary. I do put in VDH info in all the orders I ship though....

To answer your question Couv......Tama has thus far refused to provide tears for my O-ring blessing but she gives her blessing in other ways ;)
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

captain
Plank Owner

Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:11 am

Bryan wrote:E-bait is just no fun these days......When I joined in 98 it was a really fun place where you could buy ammo for your belt fed and a nearly new Malibu Barbie with just a few mouse clicks and a money order. Well after you waited a while for the 56K modem to finally connect.....

Now all the buyers seem to be Rocket Scientists, or at least design Engineers for the NASA program, Cousteau's diving instructor or members of an elite team of quality control experts..........

Here are some examples of questions I have received and the answers I have supplied the experts with.

Q... Dude, where did you get these from?
A...Sasquatch left them behind.

Q.....I will need to know the specifics of the manufacturing, handling and environment the O-rings you are selling have been kept in as my life depends on it.
A....Please take up golf.

Q....I will buy these from you but if they are bad you will refund my money or I'll report you to the necessary agencies for selling scuba gear without the proper credentials.
A....I have the proper credentials but I can't show them to you cause of national security. You understand of course.

Q.....I see that you have parts for a Scubapro 109 do you know how old those parts are and are you sure the O-rings will fit my 109 from 1070?
A....You should contact Scubapro as you have by far the oldest regulator ever built and is most likely worth millions of dollars.

Q....Are the O-rings you are selling NITRIX ready? I need to know this cause my life is depending on it.
A...I'm not sure what NITRIX is but I doubt my O-rings are up to the task...Please consult with your local dive shop.
Reply.....Its a special gas we hi tech divers use for deep diving. I think you should know about it because selling the wrong O-rings is dangerous and could explode.
My answer....I'll just sell really long snorkels instead so everyone is safe.

Each time I get a STUPID message on E-bay from one of the moronic mouth breather types above I just put them on the banned buyer list.....Sadly I don't seem to be able to do this fast enough...

For a small business like mine E-bay...(.I think the E now stands for Extortion if you check the final sellers fees, paypal fees, listing fees etc etc ) is necessary. I do put in VDH info in all the orders I ship though....

To answer your question Couv......Tama has thus far refused to provide tears for my O-ring blessing but she gives her blessing in other ways ;)
Priceless, I usually buy O rings from the Triple X Rat Poison & O Ring Co.
Captain

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:15 am

I wish I was making this stuff up.....I actually cringe every time I get the alert from E-bay that I have a message.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

ovalis
Master Diver

Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:42 pm

Amazing, I don't know how you put up with that crap. I could never do it.
I guess the only plus side to it would be coming up with the smart ass replies to get a laugh out of it.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:55 pm

I try to answer real questions as best I can but 9 out of 10 on eBay stuff are just plain stupid!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:56 pm

I Hear yeah!
Happy Thanks Giving Bryan Eva and your Family!Also to all :P :| :D my friends on this Site!

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Jerry. What? No bad off the wall turkey jokes? Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:48 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote: No bad off the wall turkey jokes? Mark
Jerry has no GOOD jokes period....Unless you are under the age of 12 then he is hilarious...

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:51 pm

I just got this letter and after reading it I think this will be the final sale for VDH ever :D :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qz2kb0ugxtm4x ... r.jpg?dl=0

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Bryan wrote:I just got this letter and after reading it I think this will be the final sale for VDH ever :D :D
Wow, Bryan, congratulations! Be sure and send them your Social Security Number and personal and business bank account routing information and account numbers. Also be sure and give them your date of birth and mother's maiden name. Although not asked for, a thumb print and a DVD of your retinal scan would be great too! 8) P.S. Don't forget the blank power of attorney with your notarized signature so they can wire you the money...
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:31 pm

Details..... Details..... Details

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

couv
Master Diver

Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:00 am

Congrats on your big win. I guess we'll be seeing you with a gold plated AK next time.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Couv
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

8dust
Master Diver

Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:07 am

Happy Thanksgiving, All!

BTW, it would be nice to have at least 1 turkey joke, Jerry... even if it's a foul one....
Freddo
NAVED member #201

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:44 am

8dust wrote: it would be nice to have at least 1 turkey joke, Jerry... even if it's a foul one....
In the tradition of a bad Jerry line, I asked my 12 year-old if he had any turkey jokes. He immediately responded with these two he heard in middle school yesterday. :D

---------------
In a grocery store a lady was looking for a turkey but couldn't find one big enough. She asked the stock boy "Do these turkeys get any bigger?" The stock boy replied "No they're dead."
-----------------
Dear Turkeys, don't worry... they only love us for our breasts too. Sincerely, women.

Return to “General Discussions”