uwstlth
Master Diver
First Name: kevin

Great White Shark Diving Isla Guadelupe

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:31 pm

Here's a 7 min video from a trip last week down to Isla Guadalupe, just southwest of Ensenada. If you are interested in diving with GW sharks, check out the Horizon, based in San Diego. It is one of the best liveaboards going down there and they were the first to start diving with GWs in the area. They set the standard and paved the way, unlike the MX based operations you have no doubt seen in the news lately with sharks entering flimsy "shark" cages etc. I didn't shoot or edit the video but know the group that did quite well and can vouch for it's authenticity and the ethical SOP of the boat and its owners/operators.

If you haven't been diving with GWs and have the extra gold, it's well worth your time. It will change your life, no doubt about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5x4N6R ... e=youtu.be

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Great White Shark Diving Isla Guadelupe

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:55 am

Looks like quite an exciting adventure!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

uwstlth
Master Diver

Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:32 pm

Just in, it happened a few days ago off Santa Barbara:

This is some serious video (the guy is ok and unhurt). A lesson on how to soil your wetsuit in 10 feet of water, with GoPro video proof! At about 1:25 on the video you'll see the drama unfold... well worth the time to watch this, this guy should get some sort of award for staying cool and calm and gettin' out unharmed (well mostly). Video is about 51/2 minutes long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HeZbMjbfoA

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:36 pm

Holy crap my beaver tail Batman. I had a whitey swim by me 20+ years ago while bug diving at San Nick. Fortunately there was no aggression shown. Looks like this guy had his fin bitten off. That is the stuff of nightmares. Glad he is ok. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

uwstlth
Master Diver

Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:55 am

Second Phase is being updated to add this video prior to the night swim at San Clemente... :twisted:

Return to “General Discussions”