floatingpi
Lung Diver
First Name: Mike

New vintage diver

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:55 pm

Figured I would drop a line on this forum. I have been lurking around reading it from time to time, never post. Never have been very active on internet forums. However I thought I would post a quick 'hi' and introduction. I'm a young guy thats getting back into diving after taking a few year break from it. I decided this time I would get more into vintage diving as I lucked out and got some old equipment for a good price, Royal-Aqua master, couple tanks (that passed hydro), and even a compressor. I am pretty excited on getting into diving. I started diving when I was 12 and stopped diving when I was 18, I wanted to get back into it for a few years now but college always got in the way. Now that I am almost finished with my teaching degree I feel I can get more into things. I did grab one of those service kits from this site and tried to overhual my own reg. Considering the parts and guts the system I feel pretty satifisyed with the job. I am not sure how often I will get into posting here, might just be lurking in the background but enjoyed what this site has offered so far!

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Re: New vintage diver

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Welcome aboard! Interested in a road trip? There is a major get together at Portage Quarry, Bowling green Ohio August 13th - 15th. You can dive, hang out, and meet many of the people who are active on this board. It's a fun laid back thing and you'd get to see all kinds of vintage gear in use. It's a really neat event. Welcome to vintage diving and the board. :wink:

jim

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Welcome man! Where's home? We ocean dive the vintage stuff all the time here in Saint Marys, GA.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Welcoome aboard. There are a lot of great older divers here that have a lot to offer. Many of our members learned on the old 2 hose reg. There are also a lot of us younger ones here learning from them every day.

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:21 pm

Welcome aboard! 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

floatingpi
Lung Diver

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Thanks, home is in South Dakota, I have family in Wyoming that I visit now and again. I might try to make that meet, I'm marking it down in my calendar right now. Would be nice to dive outside the lakes around here for a change even if its another lake in a different state.

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:55 pm

Where in the SD? My Dad lives in Aberdeen. I used to live in Sioux Falls years ago.

floatingpi
Lung Diver

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:58 am

I'm over in Pine Ridge, almost to Neb. Don't make it out to Sioux Falls very often. Been up to Aberdeen a few times though.

Emilio Largo
Vintage Diver

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:49 am

Welcome and greetings from South Carolina
“A diver wears a watch to tell what sport is his. The secondary function is to tell what time it is.” -Dick Anderson, Scubapro Catalog

capn_tucker
Master Diver

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Also welcome from South GA. If you're ever in our neck of the woods there is much vintage diving to be had.. :)
Quick Robin, to the Voitmobile!

USdiver
Master Diver

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:53 pm

Welcome Aboard Pi,

Many of us started diving young as well, and even though we may not be so young anymore, we still have a great time using the gear that we learned in. No multi-hued equipment, just basic black or blue depending on the manufacturer. Rubber has a certain smell, feel and taste to it that silicon will never have. Try to make it out to Portage Quarry in Ohio this August, it should be another great event.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

Return to “General Discussions”