wilbkr1
Skin Diver
First Name: William

Introduction

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to the community and express my excitement in getting to know everyone. Okay maybe not excitement but looking forward to it.

Located in Indiana, born and raised. I've been diving since 1984 with my interest lying in underwater videography. I just recently started taking a look at vintage equipment after buying two Aqualung Mistrals (New Models) to help improve my video work. Not sure anything can help but it's my excuse to buy more toys. Now I have to say, I like my Mistrals but look forward to trying out some vintage equipment. I have just recently purchased a DA and waiting for it's arrival. It is my full intention to have it completely refurbished along with the Phoenix attached. They look absolutely beautiful from the pictures I've seen on the site.

Any help and guidance is much appreciated. Look forward to hearing from all. Have a great day!

Wilbkr1
AKA: William
Three choices in life - Live with it - Change it or get out of it.
Just that simple!

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Re: Introduction

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:46 pm

The second regulator you should get is an original Mistral tweeked out by the master Bryan. He has two on sale right now. You won't get a better deal. Check out the store and get one. Or, you can go with a FX Voit. Same internals, just prettier.

See you at Portage this summer?
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

sthtxdiver
Master Diver

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:11 pm

welcome aboard (bienvenidos) im telling u my friend ur in the right. i dont forget nor regret the day i first came to this forum. believe it or not i have come a long long way with this group (family) i have learned a great deal not to mention this guys are super great .fair winds and safe vintage diving best regards

ps at this point i have a couple of progects i need to get out of the way. if not id go for that mistral (yellow) 20% off
Charlie

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:37 pm

Where in INDIANA are you? We have 2 very active members in Indy and several more in Cinti Ohio! We dive in Blue Spgs Quarry quite often.

Rob

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Welcome aboard. Simonbeans has a great suggestion. The original Mistral is a great breather. You'll like that DA with a Phoenix, otherwise known on the forum as a PRAM. Short for Phoenix Royal Aqua Master. The Phoenix converts a DA to a Royal, gives you ports and 3500 psi service. In short, it can go anywhere and do anything. I've dove mine under the ice here in Wisconsin and in the Atlantic off Florida's shore. Good to go from 35 to 85 degrees. See you at Portage Quarry in August!

Jim

Herman
VDH Moderator

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Welcome to the board. A good many of the names you will see here are the same ones you have seen on another board. ....or there is someone else with 2 new Mistrals. :)
Herman

kgehring
Master Diver

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:56 pm

Welcome aboard Mr. Divers Supply Indy / Scubabasics I.T. Guy!!!!
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

wilbkr1
Skin Diver
First Name: William

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:12 pm

@ Kgehring - Guess the secrets out. (DSI/ScubaBasics.com) Thanks for all your help Karl. I really do appreciate it. I've been in contact with Bryan trying to get the DA project all setup. Funny thing.. I bought it... Not had it home yet and already trying to send it out.

@ 1969ivan1 - I'm from Whiteland Indiana and had the Indy Dive Club down to BlueSprings just last Saturday. 13 Divers ... Top was 56 and the bottom was 42. Viz was about 25 - 30 ft.

@ Herman - It's me! Same guy from the other Community forum you talked to. Funniest thing... All I wanted was to get everyone's opinion as to which Mistral to Dive (LE or Non LE) and the next thing I know I'm buying a DA off E-bay. There's something seriously wrong. I blame Karl for all this since I have to see all the new toys he brings to the office. :D Very nice toys!!!!

I think the Indy Dive Club is going to Portage when you guy are there. Is that the plan Karl?

Thank you for the warm welcome and I'll take a look at the Mistral but I think I might have to move in with Karl if I buy another Reg this month. Two Mistrals (LE and No Limited) Zeagle Flathead 7, Octo Z and an Aqualung Legend Octopus.
Three choices in life - Live with it - Change it or get out of it.
Just that simple!

Gilldiver
Master Diver

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:56 pm

[quote="wilbkr1 All I wanted was to get everyone's opinion as to which Mistral to Dive (LE or Non LE) and the next thing I know I'm buying a DA off E-bay. There's something seriously wrong. .[/quote]
Just read my ending comment below, like Crack and sex once you start you can't stop.
Double Hose Regulators, It not just a Hobby, it’s a Disease

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Cool I will try to keep you informed when we are doing Blue Springs. No need to intro you to the Peanut King and Karl I see.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Welcome to the vintage community, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

Nem

sthtxdiver
Master Diver

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:45 pm

scubatics???? is that monkey diving??? no bc c card cert ??? ive beem looking at the x sierra scooter and the newer cuba any good deals for forum members ??? best regards
Charlie

Herman
VDH Moderator

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:09 am

wilbkr1 wrote:............................@ Herman - It's me! Same guy from the other Community forum you talked to. Funniest thing... All I wanted was to get everyone's opinion as to which Mistral to Dive (LE or Non LE) and the next thing I know I'm buying a DA off E-bay. There's something seriously wrong. I blame Karl for all this since I have to see all the new toys he brings to the office. :D Very nice toys!!!!
Sorry but I have bad news for you, DH regs are a contagious disease and it seems like you are very susceptible, you appear to have got it by being in close proximity. :) I bought one on a whim....I now own 8 and spend way too much time on this board as well as scanning the for sale list for more. No know cure but lots of support.
Herman

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Early on in the preliminary infection, generous doses of gag, gag, cough, TUSA antibodies and pounding a nail into your forehead might cure you. Often the last resort of Vintage Collector Syndrome is to actually dive with the stuff. Then you find out that some of the stuff is not all that handy to dive with and may actually kill you. If actually diving with vintage gear does not cure the vintage collector of Vintage Collector Syndrome, VCS, then attending a GUE course and practicing S Drills is your last hope. The actual contagion is unknown, it is thought it may not be a viral infection but more similar to Mad Cow Disease, a pryon dissemination into the lower brain stem that then spreads into the suborbital lobes. If onset of shaking, drooling copious quantities of sputum uncontrollably at the sight of a Navy Anti-magnetic double hose regulator is demonstrated, all hope is lost. The disease usually runs downhill from there or at least until all funds, credit cards, bank accounts are depleted in bidding wars for old 50 year old non functional junk which disappears into some black hole in the patients basement never to be seen again. Hording is a terminal symptom, once the hoarding phase begins the prognosis is exceedingly dim, about three months, give or take though some individuals may persist in this stage, totally insane, for years.

Nem

captain
Plank Owner

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:55 pm

Dam Nem, don't paint such a rosey picture. Welcome
Captain

Return to “General Discussions”