Vintagediver
Master Diver

New Label / Decal For Healthways Scuba Reg.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:11 pm

Recently I've been involved in restoring my first Healthways Scuba double hose reg. I bought a pair of those new blue hoses that Rob has at The Scuba Museum and also a new LP diaphragm, and after complete disassembly, cleaning, reassembly and adjusting I was very well satisfied with the way this reg turned out; except for the condition of the label. After giving considerable thought as to what I could do to improve the label situation without not being able to use the original label I came up with this application. First of all I searched the web for good pictures of a label for a Healthways Scuba and I finally found one that I was able to use. I then went into the paint program on my computer and managed to work with the picture I had and printed out some trial labels. Once I managed to come up with a label that I was satisfied with I went over to my local print shop in Frankfort to see what they could come up with. The made some labels of this type for me when I converted one of my Voit Navy regs to a Voit Cyclone Navy Royale with HPR and I was real satisfied with the label they made for me then.

So here's what I did. I emailed my picture to the print shop so they had it in their system and could work with it in their computer print programs. I had them make me a label that was 2.61 in. in diameter, waterproof, die cut peel off with an adhesive back. Once I received them and was ready to apply them to my restored Healthways Scuba I did two things to the new label before applying. First I took a paper punch and punched out the areas where the rivets are, and then I very carefully cut out the area of the serial number with an exacto knife. By doing this the original rivets and the original serial number of this reg are exposed. As it turned out I was very pleased with the results. The pictures I have here do not do justice to the way it actually looks; it looks much better when you actually see it. Anyway I was pleased and I thought I'd pass on just another way to do some label restoration to some of these good ole regs.
Original Healthways Scuba Label When I Received Reg. (2).jpg
Original Healthways Scuba Label When I Received Reg. (2).jpg
Restored Reg With New Label (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Re: New Label / Decal For Healthways Scuba Reg.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:03 pm

That's an innovative approach and a nice looking label! Good job :D
The older I get the better I was.

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:17 pm

nice

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:35 am

Looks great Terry!
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

TeamDoug2015
Vintage Diver
First Name: Doug

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:31 am

It looks good from what I can see in the pic. Have you had the printer take a look at the Scuba Deluxe with the "De Luxe" label above the round label?
-Doug

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi Doug: The only label I've done this for is The Healthways Scuba. I don't have a Scuba Deluxe so I don't have any reason to make up any labels for one; unless I get another reg to restore - now there's an idea. :D 8)
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

Vancetp
Master Diver
First Name: Phillip

Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:45 pm

Nice label! I have had a couple of sticker labels made for my custom regulators, but don't have much experience with label making beyond sending a graphic to an on-line sticker maker.

The Deluxe Scuba has a stick on foil/metallic looking label that generally suffers from banging around. Anyone know what these are made of and possibly where to get them made?

Thanks for any info you might be able to give.

TeamDoug2015
Vintage Diver

Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:52 pm

I'd be interested in a few Gold or Deluxe lables if we need a minimum order.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:02 am

TeamDoug2015 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:52 pm
I'd be interested in a few Gold or Deluxe lables if we need a minimum order.
https://vintagescubastuff.com/labels/

TeamDoug2015
Vintage Diver

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:03 pm

Perfect, Thanks.

Return to “General Discussions”