Flakotter
Lung Diver
First Name: Traner

Double hose on film

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:04 pm

For those who have an Amazon prime membership , there is a movie on there called “September Storm” (1960). It’s a lousy movie but it has some decent double hose scenes. It’s in color and the main rig is a Healthways scuba with blue hoses and a Hope-Page mouthpiece. It’s worth 15 minutes of fast forwarding through the plot to check out the under water shots.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Double hose on film

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:34 pm

septemberstormposter.jpeg
septemberstorm1_758_427_81_s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

lakediver
Lung Diver
First Name: George

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:45 pm

Wende Wagner was the stunt double for Joanne Dru in the film.

h2operations
Master Diver
First Name: Paul

Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:17 pm

Thank you for the Post. It looks strange seeing 2 lefty shooters next to each other ?

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:59 am

h2operations wrote:
Thank you for the Post. It looks strange seeing 2 lefty shooters next to each other ?
Could be a reversed photo... The Healthways logo is on the diver's right side on the wet suit pictured to the left. In the Healthways catalog, logos are shown on the divers left side. (Eb must not be too busy this morning, taking time to check THAT out.) :)

I've seen that movie. Pretty lame plot and production but still lots of fun to watch diving in tropical waters. Nice new Hope Page mouthpieces. Does the diver on the right have his mask on upside down?
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:04 am

SurfLung wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:59 am
h2operations wrote:
Could be a reversed photo... The Healthways logo is on the diver's right side on the wet suit pictured to the left. In the Healthways catalog, logos are shown on the divers left side. (Eb must not be too busy this morning, taking time to check THAT out.) :)

Good eye for details. Either way, as cameraman I wouldn't want that cocked Arbalete pointing my way.
The older I get the better I was.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:00 pm

Does the diver on the right have his mask on upside down?
Good catch!
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

h2operations
Master Diver
First Name: Paul

Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:02 pm

I agree the pointed end is a little close, especially since he looks kinda shaky with his fingers near the trigger. Chances are these guys were throw into the deep end of the pool for the shot so to speak.

Return to “General Discussions”