Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Pamplets Arrived!

Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:00 am

I have a bunch.

Please PM me so I can get addresses for sending the materials out.

I have more than I thought, thanks to a last minute deal, for a bit more I doubled the order, I have 5,000 units.

Numerous people pitched in with some excellent donations and it is not to late---lol to send more money---lol.

Thank you everybody who donated.

OK, addresses of NAVED members please because I cannot stuff them through the internet.

James

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:00 pm

Over the next few weeks they will be distributed. I am still recieving donations--thanks.

Please get me those addresses.

Oh, I may not respond to every PM, email etc regarding donations or addresses etc unless there is a question involved that needs an answer. It is just to much to keep up with. I am keeping track and all that.

Along the same lines, I may not acknowlege publicly who donated and who did not---I don't think it would be productive. People give what they can give and I understand.

Eventually we are going to have to take dues---just a heads up on that---eventally.

Again, thanks to everybody who donated and please continue--lol.

I am sure once these get out somebody is going to find an error or a complaint or something they want changed--good---in generation II we will do that but for now--these are what you get. I have 5,000 units and they will be gone in the blinkof an eye and then what?

Flow chart:

Pamphlets----> exposure--------->new members---------> then what????

Usually you grow membership to increasre your operating capitol and that via dues. Well, y'all best be thinking on all that.

N

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:15 pm

First of all let me echo James by saying thank you to James, Lisa, Bryan and everyone who contributed to make this effort a success! :D

Please keep the donations coming (if you feel led to contribute) because every little bit helps to offset the printing and distribution costs.

NAVED members, don't forget to send your home address (via PM) to Nemrod (NAVED President) so that he can start the distribution process. This will increase both the exposure and name recognition of NAVED and in the long-run increase our membership base.

Again great job by all and as we say in the Navy: Bravo Zulu!

Regards,

"JES"
NAVED Vice President
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:33 pm

Some have been shipped out to members. I am waiting on a small bonus decal and then they will begin going out in force. I have shipped a few on emergency request.

NAVED HQ distribution center:
Nemrod

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:40 pm

NAVED HQ, conviently located in Kansaw

Kansaw, centrally located in the middle of nowhere thousands of miles from anywhere :shock:

OBTW, I just turned down a job in Florida with my current employer--I think possibly I am insane, they told me I could live anywhere in Florida I wanted---they are cruel.

Nemrod

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:28 am

OK, the first bunch of addresses I recieved have been shipped except for those for vdh (Bryan) which will ship this Friday when I am home again.

Soooo, be on the lookout for them.

James

JES
Plank Owner

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:41 am

Nemrod wrote:.... OBTW, I just turned down a job in Florida with my current employer--I think possibly I am insane, they told me I could live anywhere in Florida I wanted---they are cruel.

Nemrod
You actually turned down a job with your current employer in Florida. :shock:

I think you need to reconsider their offer. Remember, your ban was only from the State Parks for 1-year, not the actual State for life. :lol:
NAVED Master Diver #108

standingup

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:35 pm

JES wrote:
Nemrod wrote:.... OBTW, I just turned down a job in Florida with my current employer--I think possibly I am insane, they told me I could live anywhere in Florida I wanted---they are cruel.

Nemrod
You actually turned down a job with your current employer in Florida. :shock:

I think you need to reconsider their offer. Remember, your ban was only from the State Parks for 1-year, not the actual State for life. :lol:
Are you guys serious did nemrod actually manage to get banned? I didn't even get banned when I was bow fishing from a canoe in a restricted area.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:06 pm

Yep, I turned down a job, working on my own for my current employer, live anywhere I want (in Florida), making a lot more money in FLORIDA. Yep. Sure did. It just is a really bad time for us to relocate, we have moved so much in our life we want to sit for a while. My wife has a project in her work she wants to complete and other things we have going on. When the time is right I shall return.

Joe, did you send me an address---you better cause it is not on my current list--sorry.

James

JES
Plank Owner

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 pm

standingup wrote:Are you guys serious did nemrod actually manage to get banned? I didn't even get banned when I was bow fishing from a canoe in a restricted area.
I bet that you weren't bow fishing for manatees. :lol:

The Park Rangers claimed that James was harassing the aforementioned species at one of the State Parks. :oops:
NAVED Master Diver #108

standingup

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:01 pm

The Park Rangers claimed that James was harassing the aforementioned species at one of the State Parks.
Florida makes a big deal about advertising the manatees. But if you look crosseyed at them they have a heart attack. Its a sea cow, if your not cutting it up for breakfast whats the problem ?

crimediver
Master Diver

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:18 am

Actually you can cut a small fillet off a manatee and get by with it if done carefully. First you must do it while submerged and then cut off the desired portion using a S-shaped slice. Space your cuts every six inches.
This gives the desired look of a propelller strike.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:47 pm

Arrrgh,

The park rules said 100 feet from a manatee. The ranger could not read and said it was a hundred yards and insisted as such even after I showed them their own rules. Thing is that even a stupid manatee (trust me they are really stupid and should win a couple of Darwin awards for their stupidity) can swim faster than a scuba diver and they don't read rule books about how far they are supposed to stay from scuba divers. It caused me much stress having that manatee break the rule book like that. Geeesh, you would think they would know better huh :?: I complained to the parks service that the manatees were harassing me and sticking their tongues out at me :shock: --whats a diver to do?---next time I am just gonna chuck a spear in one. :o

That is why I call it the Great Manatee Massacre. Dang manatees, give them an inch and they will take it to a mile. cannot trust them things.

Seriously, since I was a child animals would come up to me and follow me, an old swamp witch called me 3Crows because she saw as did I three crow spirits that watch over me. They tell me things like:

Y'all better get me those addresses are you will not get your cool NAVED brochures :shock: .

Nemrod

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:54 pm

Example
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

fishb0y
Lung Diver

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:29 pm

I was teaching an OW class at Blue Springs when a manatee decided to park it's butt in the middle of my class. Every time we moved it would then follow us. After getting out of the water some snorkeler warned us that if he saw us harassing manatees again he was calling the cops... I then informed him that from what I've heard, manatee tastes like sea turtle!

BTW... I was quite surprised when I opened my mailbox and the new NAVED pamphlets where in it. I'll be dropping some off a the dive club and a couple of shops this weekend.

Return to “NAVED - National Association of Vintage Equipment Divers”