antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Re: U.S. Divers Service and Repair Videos

Sat May 27, 2017 8:26 am

Bryan, the videos are great to have available. Much better for understanding the repair processes than just a few still photos and printed instructions found in the typical manuals. Especially helpful for folks who have been reluctant to tackle their own rebuild jobs.
Thanks for taking the time.
The older I get the better I was.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat May 27, 2017 7:35 pm

antique diver wrote:Bryan, the videos are great to have available. Much better for understanding the repair processes than just a few still photos and printed instructions found in the typical manuals. Especially helpful for folks who have been reluctant to tackle their own rebuild jobs.
Thanks for taking the time.
Thanks Bill!

Here is the latest SP109.....This 2nd stage has put Couv in a tizzy from what was in it before I started on it. I'll let him discuss it more but we may need to re write what we already wrote LOL...

https://youtu.be/sr0JPLB7fAU

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

scubapeter
Lung Diver
First Name: peter

Sun May 28, 2017 8:55 am

Bryan, you really knocked it out of the park with these videos!!!

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun May 28, 2017 10:22 am

Thanks Pete!

It's because of this high tech film studio here at VDH..LOL!Image

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

couv
Master Diver

Sun May 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Bryan wrote:.........Here is the latest SP109.....This 2nd stage has put Couv in a tizzy from what was in it before I started on it. I'll let him discuss it more but we may need to re write what we already wrote LOL...

https://youtu.be/sr0JPLB7fAU

That's a great video. Using that cutaway model was very effective.

LOL Couv had to call in help from Vintage Frank. If I'm deciphering his serial number post correctly, that reg was born in 1969. Is that the same reg as the one you sent pictures to me with different entrails?

How about posting those pix in the SP forum so we can all gawp at them?
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

tech3324
Diver
First Name: Donald

Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:28 am

Love the videos, even watching the one's for regs I don't own. Very informative & entertaining too.

Any chance of a video on the SEA 1st stage?

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:03 am

tech3324 wrote:Love the videos, even watching the one's for regs I don't own. Very informative & entertaining too.

Any chance of a video on the SEA 1st stage?
The SEA isn't much different than a Conshelf XIV. Just grab the service manual, your tools and a service kit and dig right in.

I'm working on a MK5 video and the majority of the feedback I have been getting has been that I'm going too fast and not giving enough details so I'm going to do this one in 4 parts..breakdown, cleaning, assembly and setup.

scubapeter
Lung Diver
First Name: peter

Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:52 pm

It would almost seem that the Mark 5 and the Mark 10 could be handled at the same time since the differences are small. I'm looking forward to the rest of this series, the G250 video was spot on....

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:08 pm

scubapeter wrote:It would almost seem that the Mark 5 and the Mark 10 could be handled at the same time since the differences are small. I'm looking forward to the rest of this series, the G250 video was spot on....
I agree and good idea. I'll need to cover updating/checking the turret nut on the MK5 which is unnecessary for the MK10 but other than that it all works pretty well the same.

I wonder if I should cover shaving the HP seat if the IP is too high since the HP seats only come in one height now or is that too out of bounds for normal R&R?

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:00 pm

I would like to see it included. I never tried it or even thought of that option... I'm always learning something new here!
The older I get the better I was.

Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:32 pm

I have read a couple places about taking the preasure off the soft seat before adjusting the second stage. If I remember right, the HPR instructions and in Regulator Savvy. But a few other places, including Bryan's 109 video, adjustments are made without pushing the purge button to keep from cutting the lp seat. Is it only certain hard seats that tend to cut?

Good video Bryan. You mentioned in one of your comments about rambling, most of us are watching videos for that extra knowledge. So keep it coming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:14 pm

tripplec wrote:I have read a couple places about taking the preasure off the soft seat before adjusting the second stage. If I remember right, the HPR instructions and in Regulator Savvy. But a few other places, including Bryan's 109 video, adjustments are made without pushing the purge button to keep from cutting the lp seat. Is it only certain hard seats that tend to cut?

Good video Bryan. You mentioned in one of your comments about rambling, most of us are watching videos for that extra knowledge. So keep it coming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Clip from the APEKS service manual but can be found in many others. Some call it "coin" some call it "crowning" When using the inline adjustment tool the movement of the orifice is minimal since the volcano orifice should be pre-set before you put in the poppet assembly.
When assembling a downstream 2nd stage it is advisable to push the purge button down when screwing the nut containing the volcano orifice back into the case as several rotations are required especially if it is a fixed volcano orifice as you would find on the 1085 USD.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:30 pm

I got the MK5 videos done and uploaded. I apologize up front for going off course a few times and for some colorful language....Making videos is no fun, time consuming and frustrating. ....In the end I hope you get some good info from them and maybe a laugh or two :D

georgeaustin
Master Diver
First Name: george

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:50 am

Great videos. I watched the Conshelf XIV and the Mk5 - well done

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:57 pm

THANK YOU!!!

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”