gj1963
Master Diver
First Name: Geoff

Voit Titan II

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:58 am

Good pictures of, and Ads etc... seem a bit sparse for the Titan II. Made a scan of this one as it is a cool ad. I have not seen it before myself. This is an August 1969 Ad and it features the metal cap vs. plastic on the first stage.

-Geoff

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Re: Voit Titan II

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Geoff,

That is a sweet ad.... What magazine did you find it in?

Am I reading correctly, that the Titan II could be converted into a double hose reg? I assume you just remove the metal front that you're referring to and then place the plastic front and exhaust on it in order to make a V-22?
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

Herman
VDH Moderator

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:31 pm

There is a lot more to it than that.
You need a second stage from a Trieste, a set of cans of some sort, Trieste levers, Voit LP seat holder, springs and assorted hardware plus all the hose and mouthpiece. USD cans and second stage parts other than the spring and ring nut will not work. Finding the necessary parts is not easy, you are better off just finding a Trieste to start with.
Herman

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Although possible, I wonder why they would bother to advertise it?
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”