USdiver
Master Diver

US Cavalero Inc.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Any of you Euro-reg experts familiar with this brand? I received a French made freebie yesterday but haven't been able to find anything out about this unusual single hose. It's not a Spirotechnique but it does come from the land of Rouquayrol, Denayrouze, Fernez, Prieur, Gagnan, Cousteau, Commeinhes, Beauchat and Delauze.

Here are some photos:

This Cavalero C5 has a heavy yoke and an awesome service pressure (4000 psi/280 bar) for a vintage first stage. The C5 has a hard plastic bodied second stage, maybe Cycolac as in a JetAir (it seems to be of a harder, shinier polymer compound than 1980s style plastic second stages from US Divers / Dacor). I'd guesstimate this to be an early to mid 1970s regulator. As there is no mention of Beauchat on either stage, I suspect that it is a product from when Cavalero was independent.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

scaph
Master Diver

Re: US Cavalero Inc.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:14 am

This is a french Cavalero Air Flux re-labeled.
First stage is non compensated and second stage is a downstream valve.
No more information about it, sorry.
This one is very common in France, you can find some on the bay, but I have never seen a re-labeled one...

USdiver
Master Diver

Re: US Cavalero Inc.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Eric thank you for the reply. So this is a Cavalero Air Flux (or Air Flux 2) that was marketed in the USA. Do you have any production dates (european) for the Air Flux and Air Flux 2? I see that Cavalero produced several iterations of their single hose regulator in Europe, including the Air Deep (chrome plated brass 2nd stage), Air Flux, Air Flux 2, Air Lite, Air Pro and Alpha 1.

I was able to track down a little on Rene Jean Cavalero of Marseille, France and his company's history in the USA. In 1971 he filed to trademark/register the Champion name in the USA for sub-aquatic guns and accessories for diving. This included breathing apparatus. He had earlier, in 1966, received a trademark for the same in France. The US Patent and Trademark Office granted his trademark in 1976, however it expired by 1991, and apparently no effort was made to renew it then or since. It is possible that U.S. Cavalero Inc. was a business venture that involved both Rene Jean Cavalero of France and Sam Lecocq (he of Aqualung Mistral and Sportsways Waterlung fame) in the USA.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”