DaleC
Master Diver
First Name: Dale

Conshelf VI

Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:15 am

Picked up a Conshelf VI this weekend for the yoke thumb screw - I was missing one for my RM doublehose and the one off the Conshelf VI fit. Just pulled it apart and it's not too corroded inside, though it needs new rubber parts. I originally thought the exhaust tee was mounted upside down because the USD lettering on it was (upside down that is) but so far the pics I see on the net show the Tee looking like this. Is the Tee the right way up?
Also, If I didn't know better I'd swear I was looking at RAM first stage guts.

NAVED #203
#20 International Brotherhood for the Assistance of Stateless Persons

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Re: Conshelf VI

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:29 am

I consider that exhaust T to be up side down, but about 50% of those regulators have it like that. I think a lot of divers preferred it like that. It probably helps a bit to move the bubbles away.

Yes, the Conshelf first stage use all the same mechanical parts as a RAM.
The first stage of the Conshelf when it came out was advertised as having the same proven mechanical design as the Royal Aqua Master. To this day most Aqua Lung regulators share many of the same internal parts.

The Titan, the Conshelf, and many other Aqua Lung first stages are basically identical inside. Also all the newest Aqua Lung first stages still share the same HP seat; the balancing chamber changed a bit, but the replaceable parts are the same.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:37 am

luis wrote:... Also all the newest Aqua Lung first stages still share the same HP seat; the balancing chamber changed a bit, but the replaceable parts are the same.
Is that the Aqualung "Flight?" I must admit that when I saw a parts diagram for it, I was thrown for a loop considering how different the balance chamber is...

(is it blasphemy that I looked at a modern reg? :shock: )

DaleC
Master Diver
First Name: Dale

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:01 am

Thanks Luis, I learn something new everyday.

Ed, my wife says it's ok to look but not to touch... actually, she says I can't look either :?
NAVED #203
#20 International Brotherhood for the Assistance of Stateless Persons

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”